Derby Day – the first Saturday in May!
Derby Day benefits Georgia’s first and only county-wide conservancy. As the Madison-Morgan Conservancy’s only fundraiser, it’s your opportunity to support our work by sponsoring or attending the event. Don’t miss this annual favorite and sellout every year as we gather for a live viewing of the Kentucky Derby, a traditional Derby supper, bourbon tastings, a live auction and much more!
Derby Day Tickets SOLD OUT – if you like to join the waiting list, please email Theresa Dickinson, tdickinson@mmcGeorgia.org.
This year, Lyn and Whitey Hunt will host Derby Day at their c.1875 historic Godfrey-Hunt House. As one of Madison’s grandest historic properties, it is one of only a few homes in Madison owned by the same family since its construction. It’s also the only house in Madison to be remodeled by renowned Georgia Architect, Neel Reid (1922). This distinguished home with its high-style architecture and gracious grounds is the ideal backdrop for party-goers to enjoy!
- Mint juleps and Hors d’Oeuvres
- Live streaming of the Kentucky Derby Coverage
- Bourbon Tastings One and Two (4:45 and 5:45 PM)
- Derby Dash, weather permitting (5:30 PM)
- Kentucky Derby Raffle
- Kentucky Derby – the most exciting two minutes in sports
6:45 – 9:00 PM
- Derby Buffet Supper – Epting Events
- Best Dressed and Best Hat Winners Announced
- Derby Dash Raffle Drawing
- Kentucky Derby Raffle Drawing
- Live Auction
4:30 – 9:00 PM
- Open Bar – Beer & Wine
- Beer Garden